The City of
Okeechobee Finance Department has the primary responsibility to
safeguard and protect the City's assets, to insure maximum utilization of
revenues, to provide financial support to departments/divisions, and to
record and report accurate and timely financial information to all elected
and appointed officials as well as the citizens of the City of Okeechobee.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
* Budget - Develop and document an annual budget and various
budget amendments as may be necessary to facilitate the planning of
municipal fiscal activities and the dissemination of the plan.
- File reports with State and Federal agencies timely and completely.
* Controls - Implement and modify as necessary controls over
cash receipts, purchasing, payroll and accounts payable processing, and
other functions as may be determined to require controls.
* Cash Management - Assure that funds held by the City are
invested at a reasonable risk level to assure the maximum investment
* Cash Collections - Assure that cash collections are
received, recorded and deposited in a timely manner.
* Payroll - Assure that time reporting is complete, accurate
and appropriately authorized. Assure that Payroll taxes, withholding,
pension remittance and insurance deductions are accurately calculated,
recorded and remitted in a timely manner.
* Accounts Payable - Assure that legitimate debts of the City
are paid in a timely manner.
Fixed Asset Control- Inventory and recording of City
2010-2011 Fiscal Year Amended Bu